1851 Maple Hill Manor’s Lemon Souffle Pancakes
INGREDIENTS : Serving for 8
· 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
· 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon cream of tarter
· 1 lemon zested ( grate or zest outer portion of lemon)
· 1 tablespoon white sugar
· 1 1/4 cups milk
· 1 egg
· 3 tablespoons butter, melted
1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder,lemon zest, salt and sugar. After sifting, add cream of tarter and lemon zest. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
3. Good luck and Happy Eating..